Quality, Health & Safety, Environment Manager
Location – Accra
Salary – competitive
The QHSE Manager will be responsible for overseeing effective implementation of the Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Manual and continual improvement of the company’s QHSE performance. S/He will ensure effective management of healthcare quality and HSE compliance, in line with the company’s policies, procedures, and standards.
Key areas of responsibility:
- In association with the Operational Management and the External Quality Improvement Consultant (SafeCare – PAI Ghana); lead in the development of quality standards and incentive schemes in our services in all affiliates.
- Contribute to the development of a culture of quality improvement throughthe SafeCare Program including implementing the quality plans of the organization.
- Develop with the Operations Management Team and relevant NCHS Management staff, a clinically driven reporting and monitoring process for all the NCHS affiliates and working directly with the units to implement this process.
- Contribute to the NCHS affiliates Delivery Plan, Operating Plan(framework), and Strategy development, ensuring that clinical governance and continual quality improvement remains integral to the process
- Work with the Operational Management and the External Quality Improvement Consultant (SafeCare – PAI Ghana) to develop quality strategies for all affiliates.
- Liaise with management and staff to implement the QHSE Manual and ensure continued QHSE integration into core operations
- Lead QHSE risk assessments, management, monitoring and reporting at all facilities, and conduct regular QHSE performance reviews with the management team.
- Monitor and ensure that all Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation is complied with at all times and ensure a safe working environment for all workers.
- Ensure all contractors comply with the minimum EPA requirements, as well as hospital’s QHSE Policies and procedures
- Attend monthly management and QHSE monitoring meetings with the affiliates and head office staff, coordinating quality meeting Where clinical concerns with affiliates exist, manage the development and monitoring of action plans to improve performance.
- Identify the MoH/GHS national and regional QHSE requirements and performance standards and apply these standards appropriately.
- Assist in internal and external benchmarking against best practice, and to challenge poor performance in service delivery in an effective, constructive and supportive manner with the affiliates.
- Take a lead, with support from our Management team, in developing quality in primary patient care by developing plans and supporting clinicians’ practices to implement QHSE improvements.
- Provide advice to NCHS Clinical Team for the development of care pathways and service specifications and support the development and monitoring of quality metri
- Identify areas for process redesign and service improvement with the aim of improvingand enhancing the patients’ pathway and direct care experience.
- Assist with the development of the organization’s intentions ensuring QHSE standards are incorporated within each contract and is effectively monitored.
- Support and lead the planning, delivery and assurance of large scale programs of QHSE improvement which assist commissioners in achieving outcome ambitions for patient This will require strong project and program management knowledge and skills.
- To adopt and lead collaborations for quality improvement across partners in health communities, for the realization of equitable access to quality care and the achievement of expected outcomes for all patients.
- Contribute to QHSE performance improvement, taking a lead for identified areas where agreed.
- Conduct QHSE risk assessments at each NC healthcare facility and develop facility-specific QHSE risk registers.
- Plan and conduct QHSE training to QHSE improvement teams at each facility on QHSE risk management.
- Determine timelines and coordinate close-out of QHSE corrective action plans, in liaison with the management team.
- Conduct QHSE training needs assessments across the business and develop and implement annual training calendars.
- Lead on QHSE projects, audits and draft action plans for improvement.
- Lead the planning for specified QHSE improvement proj
- Contribute to the decision-making processes for projects and initiativ
Supervise all QHSE matters on hospital’s projects under implementation, in liaison with the project management teams and the contractors.
Training and leadership:
- Maintain own CPD actively seeking opportunities to develop own skills and experience.
- To effectively line manage team members, taking responsibility for performance management and personal development.
Communication & Relationships:
- Work closely with all stake holders, including other sister companies in the New Crystal Group, external consultants and regulatory agencies to ensure QHSE issues are identified, investigated and improvement plans or corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Work in partnership with NCHS and external organizations in the improvement of service delivery for the communities.
- Ensure clear communication on QHSE improvement issues between management QHSE improvement teams and affiliates including the provision of clear reports on performance.
- Support other staff across the NCHS in areas of work where identified skills and experience can be used to benefit of the organization’s objectives and the organizational development needs of the NCHS.
- In liaison with the management team, ensure effective the implementation of the hospital’s Stakeholder Engagement Plan
Analytical & Judgment:
- Manage the NCHS’s QHSE performance management system ensuring accurate and timely reporting.
- Provide coordination of and participate in relevant internal and external working groups and provide project advice, expertise and support where requested.
- Provide relevant, timely and expert advice and guidance on QHSE improvement strategic plans.
- Work with members of the team to investigate the causes of any variance from target/plan and proactively contribute to the implementation of solutions.
- Collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysis to develop annual plans that fit into the overall organization’s plans.
- Support the NCHS QHSE Team in their response to the National Institute of Health & Care Excellence (NICE) guidance on technology appraisals and interventional procedures guidance
- To assist with the review and monitoring of assurance provided by the Affiliates in relation to their compliance with the NICE guidance, technology appraisals and interventional procedures
- Manage individual quality improvement or performance related projects as required e. Primary Care quality improvement project.
- Plan, develop and implement policies and procedures in relation to QHSE and effectiveness across our affiliates and primary care
- Assist with the coordinating of reporting on QHSE and performance reporting at NCHS and Provider level both within NCHS and to external bodies
- Promote awareness and understanding of relevant QHSE tools and in formation
- Support the development of a comprehensive clinical audit plan and program that reflects the requirements in the national and local prioriti
- Promote and support QHSE training initiatives for all staff.
- Identify QHSE training and development requirements and develop plans to ensure that these are met as appropriate
Please send your CV and covering letter to New Crystal Group , email address: firstname.lastname@example.org